- Freire Charter School ESSER Learning Loss Set Aside Summary Report
- Freire Charter School ESSER After School Set Aside Summary Report
- Freire Charter School ESSER Health and Safety Plan
- Freire Charter School ESSER Summer School Set Aside Summary Report
- Freire Charter School ESSER ARP Summary Report
Titles I, II, IV
Freire Charter School receives federal funding through Title I, Part A – Improving Basic Programs, Title II – Supporting Effective Instruction, and Title IV – Support and Academic Enrichment. These federal programs provide financial assistance to schools with high percentages of economically disadvantaged students to ensure that children meet challenging state academic standards.
Since more than 40 percent of the Freire Charter School student body is classified as economically disadvantaged, FCS uses Title I funding to operate a school wide program to upgrade the instructional program for the whole school. Our school wide Title I program is based on effective means of improving student achievement and includes strategies to support parental involvement.
More than 50,000 public schools across the country use Title I funds to provide additional academic support and learning opportunities to help low-achieving children master challenging curricula and meet state standards in core academic subjects. For example, funds support extra instruction in reading and mathematics, as well as special preschool, after-school, and summer programs to extend and reinforce the regular school curriculum.
In 2022-23, Freire will use our Title I, II, and IV funds to:
- Provide adequate support personnel to assist in removing barriers to learning (academic and non-academic) and support parent involvement.
- Allow for additional and targeted instruction for students at risk for academic failure.
- Support classroom teachers in the execution of our high-quality educational program.
- Coordinate Freire’s emotional support program.
- Provide staffing to support the use of instructional technology.
We accomplish this by using Title I, II, and IV funds to support academic advisors for each grade, an intensive math teacher, a reading specialist, deans of students, teacher mentors, and IT and emotional support staff.
Freire’s Federal Programs Coordinator is Tanza Pugliese. She can be reached at 267-583-4465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Federal Programs Meeting for Families:
Freire Charter School invites parents to attend our annual Federal Programs information meeting, which will be held in conjunction with a regular parent association meeting. At this meeting we will describe our participation in our various federal programs, explain the requirements of Title I, II and IV, and explain parents’ right to be involved (including developing our Title I Parent Involvement Policy and Parent-School Compact).
An open informational session will be held during the school’s Back to School Night. Freire Charter Middle School is holding Back to School Night on September 14, 2023 from 4:00-6:00 PM.
Freire Charter Schools’s full Annual Title I, II, IV Notice can be found here: Annual Notice to Families 2023-24 – Titles I, II, IV
Freire’s Family Involvement Policy can be found here: FCS Family Involvement Policy 2022-23